I wish I could slap some of you . . .
. . . like we're in a Thai Series!
Sometimes, I wish I could slap the s*** out of the few of you. I mean the kind of slaps you see in a Korean dramas, NO better yet in the Thai Series. The Thai actors are fantastic slappers. For me 2022 is the year of the Thai drama. I’ve been watching them so far since April and have been completely addicted. What does that have to do with aviation you may ask? NOTHING! Well, I’ve just been tapped out from the pandemic (as well as probably ALL OF US have) and all its craziness in the world within the US aviation industry. 2021 was a difficult and terrifying year for Flight Attendants in the United States. There was a lot of mask non-compliance, and airport restaurants/bars pushing alcohol sells to the detriment of our flight and safety.
Now, there are several reasons and behaviors from the few passengers that I encounter that make me want to slap them across the face. I would probably say most flight crews would agree with me as well. These behaviors include:
- Stealing other passenger seats that they were not assigned You can’t just take whatever seat you want. There are some seats that are blocked off to certain customers because they may have a disability and cannot sit in emergency exit row, children are not allowed to sit in that exit row unless at least 15 or above in age. On the needle jet/ERJ-145 passengers that have an infant lap child cannot sit on the A-side(*single seat by itself) of the aircraft because only one oxygen mask will come down in the event of a decompression. If you have two beings in the seat they where both would need an oxygen mask in case there’s a decompression/depressurization in the cabin. FYI, there are passengers that pay extra money to pick their seat anywhere from roughly $15-$75 depending on the airline per seat. How dare another customer take from another person what they paid for.
- Polishing your nails in an airline cabin full of passengers
- Cutting your toenails in an airline cabin full of passengers
- Passengers sneaking alcohol onto the aircraft
- Getting drunk INFLIGHT or boarding the airplane already three sheets to the wind
- Playing your music, podcast, movie/show, or video game over the device speaker instead of using your headphones. I want to KILL!
- Disrupting or involving yourself in a crew enforcement of FAR's with the Flight Attendant who is trying to handle a situation that has nothing to do with you. (FAR: Federal Aviation Regulation)
Did you know that you could be fined or jailed for interfering with flight crew duties? You didn’t? Well now you do and let me help you with the specifics.
FAA ADMINISTERS ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY VIDEO
THE PODCAST IS HERE!